Guided Mushroom Foray on MAY 1st, 2022 (mushroom-hunting hike) with Gourmet Wild Mushroom Lunch! This is a Mushbarn Collaboration with Tahoe Mushroom Company! A perfect escape into nature for a day full of foraging, friendly faces, and appreciation for the world around us.
Full-Day Ticket including lunch: $65
- Catered lunch in the great outdoors, featuring a mushroom sourced dish by MushBarn resident chef and wild mushrooms from our foray!
- Theory and Mycology Lectures on the hike
- Foray & Mushroom Identification in the Sierra Nevadas
- Lecture on Cooking With Mushrooms (Featuring Josh & Kyle)
- Access to 15% off Mushbarn products and gifts at the farm
- Farm tour after the foray
Everyone meets at the MushBarn at 9 am to carpool together to the foraging location outside of Grass Valley, CA. 13033 Thoroughbred Loop, Grass Valley CA 95949
South Lake Tahoe Folks: meet @ 2719 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe
- 9 AM
Noth Lake Folks: meet @ Shell Station, 41965 Nyack Rd, Emigrant Gap
- 11 AM
What to bring: harvesting basket and brown paper bags for collecting wild mushrooms, water bottle, pocket knife, sunscreen, jacket/layers, good hiking shoes and tall socks, snacks, hat, and sunglasses!
And to bring if you have one: a whistle, mushroom field guide, small tackle box (for more delicate specimens), first aid kit, and eco-friendly bug spray.